Services :: Project Steps
How It Works: Project Steps
"What happens after I hire you to work on my site?"
Here is the typical procedure when a site is created or given a make-over:
- By email, telephone or in person, we agree upon the details of the work required: overall look and basic layout, number of pages, what those pages contain, etc. In some cases the quote may need adjusting after this step. If a domain name needs to be registered and/or hosting account set up, this is initiated now.
- Any required graphics and images that you already have are sent to Attention. Text content may be sent at this time or later.
- Attention creates a page design mockup (one or more variations) and emails a PDF file for you to preview. You choose a version you like or ask for a new design, or suggest changes.
- Attention makes the changes and sends a new proof. After one or more iterations of this process a final design is agreed upon.
- You make a deposit to Attention of 50% of project quote or $1000, whichever is less.
- If not already sent or available on your existing site, all content (text) is sent to Attention by email. All text should be in an editable format for copying & pasting (i.e. no scanned images of text). Extra charges will be incurred if multiple blocks of text must be typed in by Attention.
- Attention proceeds to create the website to look the same as the mockup. After a few representative pages or the core site pages are complete, they are posted on a non-public URL for you to preview. Any further refinements you desire are suggested at this point.
- Attention completes the entire site coding and posts the whole site on the preview URL for final proofing before going public.
- When all is to your satisfaction, the site is published to the public location.
- The final invoice is sent to you, which is due within 10-15 business days depending on your location.
Of course, at all times throughout the process, communication is open between Attention and you. This is entirely a collaborative process—it's YOUR site!